Abrasive Blasting Media Product Line
TCR only offers Abrasive Blasting Media that are very in low in free silica content (much less than 1%) – hence no “sand” or quartz products.
Additionally, we do not market coal slags primarily due to performance deficits compared to our High Performance Abrasives.
Disposal costs for Blast Operations’ spent abrasive waste stream typically exceed $100 per ton (when identified as Non-Hazardous) once freight costs are included. Therefore, it is imperative for Blast Operations to utilize High Performance Abrasives which have the lowest Consumption Rate – “less in” translates to “less out” regarding the Waste Stream and thus lower overall cost. Typical coal slags exhibit high consumption rates/dusting and will greatly increase disposal costs.
We deliver High Performance Abrasives to locations throughout the US. Most of our truckload orders are sourced out of point of origin of the Abrasive – such as Norfolk VA, Houston TX, Baltimore MD,Phoenix AZ, Philadelphia PA, Anaconda MT, Chicago IL and others. By selecting Abrasive origin location closest to our customers, we are able to deliver Abrasives at the lowest possible cost.
We offer consultation and ordering on the following lines:
(All Much Less Than 1% Free Silica):
- High Performance Copper Slags – low consumption rate and high production rate at very moderate cost – and very low dust
- JetMag Abrasive – low consumption / high production abrasive / recyclable
- Powerblast XC Staurolite – cost-effective abrasive for new steel
- Garnet Abrasive– silica-free, low-dust recyclable hard-rock abrasive
- Specialty Abrasives – Crushed Glass, Glass Beads, Corn Cob, Walnut Shell and other specialty abrasives