Garnet Abrasive Details
is one of the very best abrasive options for many blast shop operations. Some of the benefits are listed below. High Speed, very Low Dust and the lowest Consumption rate compared to conventional abrasives highlight the advantageous of Garnet. Some of the other benefits are listed below.
- Extremely hard (8 MOH Hardness) blast abrasive
- Very low dust generation
- Recyclable up to 5 times
- Used for Dry Blasting, Slurry Blasting, and predominately the predominate media for Waterjet
- Available in grit sizes of including 80 & 30x60 to #120 (2-4 mil profile)
- Lower consumption rates as compared to conventional abrasives
- By recycling and lowering lbs/sq.ft. consumed, greatly reduces abrasive cost and waste
- < .5% Free Silica
- Available in 50 lb bags and 2000 lb Super Sacks
- Very high density - 145 lbs/cu. ft.
- Tech support, technical data sheets and SDS available from TCR Blast Abrasives
- Meets MIL-A-22262B(SH) and approved for NAVSEA and Department of Defense
- Tech Data Sheet (PDF)
- SDS (PDF)
Please contact us
or call us at 314-241-5333 for additional information on garnet blast media and to obtain a price for you application.